Sunday, July 5, 2015

Tying the knot!


2015 is turning into an amazing year for us because J and I are engaged and moving into a new home! You can expect to see a lot more home decorating projects on here soon as we are preparing to paint and install new flooring before we move. 

We haven't set a date for our wedding yet, but I'm so glad to be taking this next step after seven years of dating! I suppose there may be some crafty wedding projects on here now, too!

Summer has been going pretty well. Full of a lot of excitement with our new home and engagement, but also some snafus, like my nephew getting his first stitches in the emergency room! He celebrates his 8th birthday this month, which I can't believe. Time really does fly! 


It's been a good summer for movies. I took my nephew to see "The Avengers," "Jurassic World," and "Inside Out." My favorite was definitely "Inside Out." I had such an emotional response (like when I saw the movie "Up") but it had such a great message that ALL of the emotions are important. I think kids and adults could use that message.


In other news, I'm up to book 23 on my reading challenge. I hope to have read 40 books by the end of the year. The last book I read was "All the Light We Cannot See" by Anthony Doerr and it was really good. I definitely recommend it. It was one of the most interesting books I have read all year.

I hope to be getting back to blogging regularly, because I miss it! Happy Summer!

No comments: