Thursday, June 27, 2013

Etsy Craft Party: Louisville

Julee and Emily have done it again! Only 1 week after the Louisville Bloggers Meet and Greet, they hosted a spectacular $5 craft at Block Party Handmade Boutique as part of a worldwide Etsy Craft Night.

Untitled

The project that they prepared for the evening was a make and take terra cotta pot. They had all kinds of materials to decorate your pot and different instructions. I chose to make the chalkboard painted pot!

All you need is chalkboard paint, a terra cotta pot, a patterned shape to cut out, and painter's tape. (You'll notice the glue and string from someone else's project in the background.)

Untitled

Cut out the patterned shape and tape the pattern onto the pot with painter's tape so that it is easily peeled off.

Untitled

Paint the chalkboard paint within the pattern and let dry a little bit. Remove the pattern while the paint is still sticky because once it dries, it would be difficult to remove.

Untitled    Untitled

I also painted the chalkboard paint around the top rim of the terra cotta pot. Once the paint dried, I was able to write on it with chalk! Etsy sent some fun materials, and these cool stickers for everyone. 

Untitled    Untitled

My favorite sticker is the one that says "I am a craftivist." I wholeheartedly agree! I love being a craft activist. I am so thankful to Emily and Julee for planning this great party. Again, I was able to meet some cool people and do one of my favorite things: CRAFT! 

See more photos from the evening at The Em Dash blog.

No comments: