Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Make your own Derby Hat!

If you guessed that my next project was a Derby hat, then you were right! Not just any Derby hat, but one for less than $25.00, and I'm going to show you how to make one too!

I made hats last year for my mom and myself. Hers was pink and mine was a light tan, and they were a big hit at my Aunt's Derby party.
A hat for Mom A hat for me


Derby Hat

I decided to share my steps to make a Derby hat with all of you in a video tutoral!



To make this hat, you will need:
Hot glue - Free (because I already had it)
Floral wire - Free (because I already had it)
1 Sun Hat - $2.50 at Target
2 Yards ribbon - $1.98
Feather plumes - $5.00
Coque Feathers - $6.00
1 yard of Netting - $3.95
Flowers - $5.00
Total cost: $24.43

3 comments:

~julee~ said...

I love the video!

Will you do a nail tutorial next?? ;)

Craft E Magee said...

Haha! Thanks, Julee! For the nails, I like the nail polish strips from Sally Hansen. I get them at Target!

Angela's Designs said...

I need to make a bright hat for an event this year. I found this post so helpful!