Friday, July 26, 2013

Easy Banana Bread

Do you have one of those foods that just puts you in a good mood? I'm talking about one of those foods that the sight, smell, touch, or taste just makes you happy! For me, that food is banana bread. I don't know why it is, but there is something about it that is so comforting to me. I'm not much of a coffee drinker, but pour me some chocolate milk and I'm set!

IMG_2294

Even the process of making the banana bread is calming and relaxing for me. I am not really much of a cook, but I do sometimes enjoy baking, and when you make banana bread it smells so sweet and yummy from start to finish. We have bananas around the house a lot, but sometimes a few of the bananas are overripe for eating alone, so I have been using them in this recipe by Elise Bauer

IMG_2217

What I like about the recipe is that the ingredients are pretty standard. We keep most of these things on hand at home. All you need are 3-4 bananas, 1/3 cup of melted butter, almost 1 cup of sugar, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, a pinch of salt, and 1 and 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour.

IMG_2222

My other favorite thing about this recipe is that you do not have to use a mixer. Talk about easy! You can combine the ingredients just by using a spoon in your hand. First you mash the bananas, and then you gently combine all of the other ingredients (making sure to add the flour to the mixture last). 

IMG_2225

Once you have mixed your yummy banana bread concoction, scoop the ooey gooeyness into a buttered pan. Try to use a bread or loaf pan if you have one on hand. Bake up the bread in the oven for 1 hour at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Once the banana bread is nice and golden, and puffed up in the pan, remove it from the oven and set to cool on a rack.

IMG_2277 

That is all you need to do to make this yummy banana bread recipe. Hard to believe it right? The last step is to eat it! I also like to change things up by adding walnuts or chocolate chips. It's my special secret to keeping this recipe exciting and fulfilling. In one batch, I added mini milk chocolate chips and the banana bread disappeared in less than a day!

IMG_2286

What about you? Do you have a recipe that is your go-to for comfort food? I would love to swap recipes with you! Send me a link or leave me a comment below.

No comments: