Monday, July 14, 2014

In Loving Memory


This is definitely the hardest blog post that I have ever had to write. I am deeply saddened to share that recently we lost my boyfriend's mother and my grandfather.

Just four days after my last post, my boyfriend's mother had a stroke unexpectedly and died two days later. She was only 52 years old. Although we did not have a funeral, we had a lovely memorial service. I only hope that it brought J some closure. The loss of his mother has been very hard on both of us, but I am so grateful that we have each other. We try to take each day one at a time to work through our grief.


Just one month after the loss of my boyfriend's mother, we suffered the loss of my Grandfather. He was diagnosed with cancer (cholangiocarcinoma) in April and died in June. It was extremely fast, and very difficult to endure. His death was a major blow for our family. Even though we were trying to prepare ourselves from the time he was diagnosed, it all went way too quickly.


I volunteered to give the eulogy for my Grandfather. It was difficult for me to write and to read, but it also made me feel good to be able to express my feelings during his funeral service. The hardest part of losing both DeAnna and my Grandpa is the loss of a future with them. If we ever get married, or have children, they will not get to be a part of that, and that is overwhelmingly sad.

Losing these special people from our lives is the reason for my absence from this blog as of late. DeAnna and Grandpa were both supportive of Craft E Magee, and I know that they would want me to be strong and continue to blog and craft because it makes me happy. I only hope that I can continue to make them proud.

No comments: