Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Birthday shaker card

COVID-19 really put a damper on my craft blogging resolution for 2020. It's not so much that I haven't made things throughout the year, but mostly that I haven't taken pictures of the projects or created any content for this blog. So, now it's November, and I'm attempting to get back at it. 

Because Coronavirus cases are not under control in Kentucky, my cousin won't be able to have a birthday party this year. Social distancing can be hard, especially for teenagers, so I wanted to make her a special card to make her smile for her birthday. 

I decided on a shaker card in the shape of a balloon. Who doesn't love a little sparkle? Especially when it's contained! Shaker cards are perfect for that. Inside the balloon, I used purple micro beads, pink heart confetti, and blue/purple confetti dots against a blue background. For some extra fun, I added a twine string detail to the outside of the card. 


You'd think with all the extra time at home, I would have created a lot more, but I'll admit to a lot of binge-watching movies and shows. Sometimes a fun and easy paper project like this shaker card can get you back into the crafting spirit. What are you doing to keep up your crafting this year? 

No comments: