Saturday, November 26, 2011

Small Business Saturday

I am way behind on my Christmas gift list. I haven't made or purchased one thing yet! So, even though I haven't been shopping yet, I wanted to post some cool things I have purchased in the past from local businesses, in honor of Small Business Saturday.

J and I picked out 2 awesome art prints from Mad Pixel at a local art show. He picked the cat dreaming about sushi while I picked the sunny print of our neighborhood- Germantown!
Sushi cat

Germantown


I got some note cards at the same art show from ModTod that feature some of the neighborhoods from Louisville, KY, the city where I live.
note cards


Last Christmas, I picked up a cute hair barrette with this little snowman at Just Creations. I decided it would be better as a pin, so I refashioned it.
Snowman pin


Other cool places to shop in Louisville include WHY Louisville, Carmichael's, and Scout.

What will you buy for Small Business Saturday? Share your favorite independent shops with me!
Sunshine


P.S. D.I.Y. Louisville is hosting a giveaway of a fabric tote made by yours truly. Visit their page to check it out.

No comments: