Thursday, August 15, 2013

Around Town: Pinot's Palette - St. Matthews

Have you ever heard of a place called Pinot's Palette? I visited the Louisville location recently to attend a Louisville Bloggers night with Julee from D.I.Y. Louisville.

Pinot's-Palette-Louisville4

It was my very first time attending a painting class, and I have to admit that I was a little intimidated. What if my painting didn't turn out? 

We received a warm welcome as soon as we arrived and overall the experience was a lot of fun, even without drinking! Of course, the "paint and sip" part of the class seemed like a hit with the other guests, making for a fun and casual atmosphere. Some guests were celebrating birthdays, and they got a gift from Pinot's Palette, which I thought was a special touch.

Pinot's-Palette-Louisville1 

 People were allowed to mingle before class. I sat down to a blank canvas and was excited to see my name written in chalk at my work station. The studio has everything you could need from aprons and supplies, to cubby holes for your purse or belongings so you don't get paint on them.


  Pinot's-Palette-Louisville5

The painting that we were creating was called "Uptown City Lights." Once the instructor said it was time to get started I was worried that I would have trouble following along with the painting, but because of the way the instructor taught each step one by one, it was actually very easy!

Pinot's-Palette-Louisville2

We painted the background colors first and then set to work sketching out the Louisville skyline. It is definitely one of their more popular paintings. The studio serves as a gallery of sorts, with numerous paintings decorating the walls, and there are several variations of the Louisville skyline!

Craft-E-Magee-at-Pinot's-Palette-Louisville

Pinot's-Palette-Louisville-Skyline-Painting

It was a great evening, and I definitely enjoyed laughing and painting with Julee. The Pinot's Palette staff was so helpful and made us feel right at home. I would definitely recommend considering a class by checking out their schedule, or looking for a Pinot's Palette location close to you. You could have fun solo, but it seems like a lot more fun with a friend or in a group. 

Pinot's-Palette-Louisville-Craft-E-Magee

Have you ever painted in a class like this before? Leave me a comment sharing your thoughts! Which painting on their schedule would you choose?

No comments: