Friday, October 18, 2013

Eat, Drink, and Be Scary!

Halloween crafts are the best! Halloween actually rivals Christmas for me. I love everything about it. Inspired by the saying "Eat, Drink, and Be Merry," I created my latest project--a fun wall decoration that says, "Eat, Drink, and Be Scary!" It is a really easy craft to make and I have shared the instructions below. Enjoy!


To make this decoration you will need:
1 pre-cut wooden shape
Orange and Black acrylic paints
Scrapbooking letter stickers
Ribbon
Mod Podge
Hot glue
Paintbrush


The first step is to paint the wooden sign a bright orange. It's no coincidence that I chose the "Jack-O-Lantern Orange" paint color! I like to use foam brushes because the paint goes on nice and smooth.


Once you have completed 1-2 coats of orange paint, add black around the trim of the sign.


The next step is to add the scrapbook sticker letters to the sign. If you do this while the orange paint is still slightly tacky (wet) then the stickers hold really well. I used sparkly black letters to add some interest. A good tip is to center the middle letters of each word to get the sign looking even.


The stickers that I used also came with asterisk stars, so I put some of those around the sign too. After the paint is all completely dry, and the phrase is on the sign, coat the sign with a glossy mod podge. One coat is sufficient. Next add a piece of ribbon to the back of the sign using the hot glue gun.


Doesn't this sign look so cute on the wall? I think it's the perfect Halloween decor. I imagine that this sign would look great placed on the food table during a Halloween party too!


 I actually hung this sign up on the wall with the owl plaques that we made on Sunday. I think they all look great and spice up our home for the holiday. It is Craftoween after all!

No comments: