Monday, September 24, 2012

Ombré blue scarf

I don't know about you, but I am loving the ombré trend in fashion. This weekend, I decided to try my hand at making a scarf using jersey knit (t-shirt) fabric and dye. I chose a really pretty aqua blue color dye. The jersey I started with was an off-white color. I used these simple instructions from Rit.
I wondered if the blues would have been deeper if I had soaked the fabric longer, or maybe started with a bright white fabric?

Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled 

 After washing and drying the scarf, I decided to sew the ends together to make an "infinity" or circle scarf. It  was difficult to photograph the scarf to show the pretty gradient of colors. Hopefully you get the idea!

  Untitled

2 comments:

~julee~ said...

I love it! I've been wanting to try something similar. Did you buy your jersey knit somewhere local?

Craft E Magee said...

Hey, Julee! I got the fabric at JoAnn's because I had a coupon. :)